There is always a debate on when the Aran residents began making their world renown Aran Knitwear. Some people think that is slightly over a century ago while other are of the opinion that this tradition is older than that. Regardless of when they started it does not change the fact that this is one of those things that every closed or wardrobe should have to be complete.
As most people will state it, Aran Knitwear brings together style and tradition. If you own an Aran sweater, for example, you can be assured that you will still look fashionable while maintaining a traditional appeal.
Choosing a knitting style
When buying this type of clothing, there are three styles or types of knit to choose from. The different knits also dictate the price you pay for your sweater, and so you should be able to distinguish them. The three knit options are as follows.
1. Hand Knit Aran: This is the oldest style of knitting Aran, and it has a more traditional look and it would be perfect is this look is what you are looking for. These sweaters are knit from heavier yarn and tightly. They last longer and also have very distinct designs.
2. Hand Loomed Aran: This are produced by a hand loom that is controlled by a person. This means that the individual can control several aspects of the knit and if the person is skilled enough he or she can produce very high-quality sweaters.
3. Machine Knit Aran. With this knit, you just sit back and let a machine do everything for you. These sweaters are usually produced in large scale for widespread distribution. Although they have all the necessary features or Aran knitwear, they are typically lower quality.
Choosing the right place to buy your Aran sweater
Understanding the different knit options available for Aran knitwear is the fast step in finding a great sweater and the second and last one is choosing the right place to buy. There are very many companies that produce and distribute these sweaters across the globe, but you have to find one that will work well for you. To do this you will have to consider the following:
· Fabric used to make the sweaters: Irish wool is traditionally used to make most Aran knitwear. As a buyer, you can use this as a basis for ascertaining the authenticity of the product.
· Styles available: There are very many styles available for this knitwear, and so good companies should stock as many as possible. By going for a company with many styles to choose from you will be increasing your chances of getting exactly what you have in mind.
· Delivery is also necessary: Buying the sweater is one thing and having it delivered is another. A good company should be able to deliver to any part of the world within a reasonable time.
· Return policy: In case you are not satisfied with the order you should be able to return it for a replacement or a refund of your money.
The Aran knitwear gives you the opportunity to look stylish while still maintaining a traditional look. However, understanding the different sweater knit options and choosing the right seller should always be on your mind if you want to get the best sweater.